March 25, 2008

The final 7.5 weeks...ever

It's hard to wrap my mind around it. This is the last time I will be pregnant... ever.

I'm trying to enjoy it, really, I am. Lack of sleep is not helping! I do love it, when I wake up in the morning (for the last time), I love spending 10 minutes with my hand on my belly, feeling the kicks.

I'm looking forward to the birth - I know what has to be done, and I know I'm strong enough to do it. I also know that intense, indescribable joy that will come as soon as she is born. For so long, this little one has been a debate - should we, shouldn't we - so to meet her finally, this will be a great moment.

I have to admit, I am ready to be done with pregnancy. Originally, when Ian said this would be our last, I sort of said "ok, uh huh, sure", not meaning it. But now, I have a definate sense of completion. I miss my body, I miss my energy, I miss drinking (I know, it sounds silly, I didn't miss it the first time around, but this time especially, I really miss it). I'm also ready to start experiencing all of the firsts - for the last time.

It'll be weird - a very, very important chapter in my life, closed. It makes me think - we have showers for our first pregnancies... we should have showers for our last, too! A good-bye to pregnancy shower! Maybe I'll throw myself one... after baby, so I can bring the wine ;)

I wish I could find the words to describe what being a mom has meant to me. It has changed everything.

So, as I begin the last 7.5 weeks of this pregnancy, of pregnancy in general... give or take a week or two, I am trying to enjoy myself. So many lasts - the last time I'll set up a crib, or fill out cord-donation paperwork, or buy size 0-3mth clothing!

In the meantime, I'm making a list of what to bring to the hospital (last time, I stayed 6 hours after birth... this time, I'm thinking I'll stretch out the stay as long as I possibly can, enjoy the time with just baby!), and at the same time, planning my workout routine for post-baby.

I've also just found out -totally off topic- that there is a place in Calgary, called Entrees Express, where you go and pick your menu, put together your own meals etc etc. It's a pretty good deal, (especially if you bring the meals home and divide them into smaller meals), and I was seriously thinking of treating myself to this post-baby. Well, turns out, if you have a new baby, they will put the meals together, and deliver it for you, at no charge! What a great idea. Only... for some reason their website isn't working! Darnit! Oh well, I will call tomorrow.

Ok ok, way past my bedtime. Baby has the hiccups right now, so I'm gonna roll over and hopefully get some sleep despite the rhythmic hiccups going on!

M.

3 comments:

Jillian Camwell March 26, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

I would totally throw you a shower if I lived in Calgary. :( I'm sorry.

I think you should have a baby shower for EVERY pregnancy, whether it's one or ten. It's such a celebration! A new little one you're welcoming to the world! Wo says numbers 2 and 3 are less deserving of new stuff?? Or oohs and aahs?

OK, Calgary girlfriends, get cracking! Give Mary a shower!!

Jillian Camwell March 26, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

That should read "Who" not "Wo"

bluemoon March 27, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

aww thanks Jill.

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP