May 11, 2008

a little progress

well, we just got home from a busy morning. got gas for the van, went to the bank for a new bank card (i know i'll find my old one any second now), and spent a lonnnnnnnng 1.5 hours grocery shopping. lots of walking. carried all the heavy groceries in to the house myself (6 trips to and from the van, up all of the stairs)...

and... when i went to the washroom i discovered that i've lost my mucous plug, and am experiencing lots of bloody show. SORRY - if that's too detailed for ya... well... close your eyes and visualize a stork... hehe. cohen asked me today how the stork knows which house to visit. before i could answer, he said, and how does the stork get in your privates to help the baby be born?

my response: "look! a bright and shiny object over there!"


yikes!

anyways, this gives me hope (somewhat cautiously, still) that we are no more than a day or so away from meeting this little darling. perhaps she will be a mothers day surprise. which would actually work out well, teehee, as our mothers day plans have changed... ian was supposed to be on his long change - so we'd have the whole day free until around 4pm. his schedule changed last minute, however, and they have him working a day-car - 7am-7pm.

hello, contraction.

i'm back. so my mothers day, if ian is working, isn't looking like too much so far. all i want for mothers day is a clean house though... so maybe ian can get that done for me tonight ;) spending the day with my kids, otherwise, is a good enough day for me. provided they aren't little terrors.

this morning - for example - i was pretty teary... so i sat cohen and lili down and explained that mommy thought baby was coming last night, and is sad that it may take another few days, so if we could be extra nice to mommy today... i'd really appreciate it. i got hugs all around... but when we got to the grocery store, cohen threw a fit when i wouldn't let him get a toy, and cried for at least 45 minutes. it didn't help that this scary old man (ok, scary to cohen, anyways) kept approaching him and trying to cheer him up... argh. anyway, i stuck to my guns and eventually cohen gave up. still, i was pretty red-faced and furious, though we've since had a nice chat and made up.

i will admit, there was a part of me, in the back of my mind, saying "ok, this is fun, now throw a screaming infant into the picture. how do you feel NOW!".

i silenced said voice with some expletatives in my head.

no-one said this was going to be easy... and i've never liked "easy" anyways.

well, let's hope that last night was the trial run, perhaps tonight we'll have the real-deal.

m.

0 comments:

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP