January 24, 2009

It's almost February? Seriously?

I know, I know. It's been far too long. I can't believe how adding even one small addition to my schedule throws everything out of whack. Clearly I've reached the breaking point, where adding something means subtracting something else! Unfortunately, that something else has been blogging, and to a lesser extent, cleaning my house!

Gone are the sweet, relaxing, nothing-to-worry-about days of my early maternity leave - say hello to the OHMYGOD-I-only-have-7-to-9-weeks-left all out panic. Somehow, I have to figure out what to do with my life in that time. Clearly, I have still work- with a recession coming (and doomsday radio guests telling me to take all the money out of the bank and store it in a safe at home), I have little choice, although once Ian is done his parental leave it will strongly depend on what the cost of childcare ends up being. Speaking of - I checked out the new daycare by my house, and it's $1200 per month for kids under the age of 2. SERIOUSLY???? PLUS $800 for Lili, PLUS $350 for before/after school care for Cohen (assuming they could get him in) PLUS $800 for Cohen in the summer...

Seriously! Now, hopefully I can find a decent dayhome that will take all three for less than $1800, or else we're pooched.

Anyway - there is a small part of me that is looking forward to going back to work. I like using my brain to do things beyond figuring out how to keep Cohen and Lili from arguing over the last juice-box. One thing is for certain:
I love learning!

I'm taking an intro course in the evenings right now, and wow, is it ever different from my University days! I find myself completely riveted to everything the instructor says, and I was excited to do my first project (although it wasn't all that successful...but I took a risk and committed!). I love being back in school, learning new things. I think even when I'm working I'll try and find a way to keep taking this program, even if it is online.

As for the kids - well, Cohen is doing well, although he's somewhat embroiled in Grade 1 politics/popularity issues currently. He's loving hockey - in fact, all he watches on TV these days are sports updates. Lili is doing well also - she started her art class last week (surprise surprise, it's her favourite activity), and is doing very well at violin, although sometimes she learns so quickly that it's hard for me or her teacher to keep her interest.

And Luci... Luci is 8 months old already! What the???? And she's amazing. She's not crawling yet (phew), nor does she have any teeth. And in fact, I just started her on solids (as in, rice cereal and baby food) recently... and I'm SO glad I waited. Very little mess, and she likes everything. Cohen and Lili got started at 4 months... boy, coulda saved myself some trouble and waited!

Anyway, I'll try and post some pictures this week, now that my first project is over I have a little down time.

More updates to come... hopefully!

0 comments:

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP