August 22, 2007

I'm a thief!

I am totally stealing the idea of this blog from my good friend Jill.

I hope she doesn't mind. I have been such an avid reader of her belly-blog. I can't possibly hope to be as regular is she is when it comes to posting, nor as eloquent, but seeing as more than half of my friends are no longer living in Calgary, I will do what I can to keep them all up to date.

Ian and I have decided to take the plunge and try for a third child.

There, I said it!

It took us over 2 years to decide - Cohen and Lili are only 21 months apart, but we knew for sure we didn't want to try that again. I knew I didn't feel "finished" yet, but reality is an ugly thing. Could we afford 3 kids? Did we have the time for 3 kids? Did we have the patience for 3 kids?

Yes yes and yes.

Man, making the decision about the third child is hard! I have two other friends who are currently going through the same thing. The thing is - the second child is such a HUGE change from having only one. One child was easy. Very, very easy. Of course, I didn't know it was easy until I had my second. Two is hard. So there's no ignorance going into the decision to have 3 kids - I know it will be damn hard.

I also know that "hard" has never stopped me in my life. And that if there is anyone out there that can deal with "hard", it's me and Ian as a team.

So, alas, it came down to a time factor - Lili is 3. We don't want our youngest to be more than 4 years younger than our second-youngest. Therefore - it's now or never. Frankly, I'm excited - both Cohen and Lili will be old enough to be helpful. Cohen will be in school every day, Lil will be at preschool.

The only snag in our plans, of course, is the fact that we now babysit our neighbors children (a 2 year old and a 6 month old) 4 days out of every 8. Add baby to that... hard.

I can do "hard".

So we've just started trying. Last month, no luck. This month... we'll see. I plan on taking the test September 4th. I'm really hoping it's positive, which would give me a May baby.

I don't want a June, July or August baby. being that pregnant in that heat... not so fun. Did it once, not really into doing it again.

We are not planning on telling anyone that we are trying, not until we know that we're pregnant. Even then, I'd like to wait the 12 weeks first - I'm not naive enough to think that after two uneventful (sort of) and healthy (mostly) pregnancies, things will be just as smooth.

We'll see I guess. In the meantime, I'll post here, secretly, and hope that there is good news soon.

M.

1 comments:

Jillian Camwell September 8, 2007 at 12:24 PM  

Reading these posts in order, so I'll comment in order! No, of course I don't mind! yeah, we're pregnant together! At least for a couple of months! :) Congratulations--more of those to come.

And re. 3 kids: I've heard that going from 2-3 is just as hard or harder than 1-2, but after 3, you may as well just keep having them and throw them onto the pile! ;)

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP