October 5, 2007

I can't believe I agreed to go through this again.

this has not been the best week.

between having Cohen at the hospital, me at the hospital...

i went back for my second u/s and some further tests. after i'd been there for about 2 hours being poked and prodded, i finally saw a doc, who said "so, you're pregnant... congratulations! now... why are you here?". unbelievable. i started to fill her in, and finally asked if this was not all in my chart. "oh... they lost your chart from sunday".

argh!

so, the good news - everything seems to be fine.

which doesn't mean i'm feeling fine. i'm now on day 2 of a wicked migraine, which is making the nausea oh so much worse. i hate taking any sort of medications while pregnant, but i just finally gave in and sent the secretary down to the pharmacy to get me some tylenol. i hope it works. typically, only advil works for me, and that's a no-no during pregnancy.

8 weeks tomorrow. one more month (god willing) of feeling this awful.

oh - i finally cried. typically i'm very weepy while pregnant... not so far. but this morning, cohen was crying and holding on to me - he didn't want to leave me to go to school - and i just burst into tears. silly. getting teary-eyed just thinking about the poor little guy. sometimes, he just wants to hang out with his mom. such a sweetie.

k, no more looking at the computer until the tylenol arrives.

1 comments:

Nancy B October 8, 2007 at 7:52 AM  

Have I even said congratulations yet? I'm sorry. You know how it is. You wake up and suddenly a month has gone by.

So... CONGRATULATIONS! I'm sorry that you are not feeling well. It is good that you are trusting your instinct. I find the medical system frustrating because there are often not simple answers when you think that there should be. You should have seen my doctor try to fudge it when we asked what would happen if they didn't induce me...

I agree that no man should be allowed to be an ob/gyn. They can't possibly understand the experience. And the worry that goes with it. Especially in the first trimester.

I hope that this horrible stage passes quickly! It is good that you have Ian around to look after you!

Nancy

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP