October 2, 2007

sleep, i can't get enough.

ugh, this is so frustrating. so i ended up coming home around noon, slept for an hour, woke up to eat... ian called in and booked tonight off again because he is so worried i'll faint again. woke up, ate, fell back asleep until 5:30!!!! ate dinner, tried to relax while ian took the kids to the park (relax as in, made pudding for Cohen's lunch, got some milk and cookies ready for the kid's bedtime snack, and did the dishes). had a bath, watched some tv... all the while, feeling just awful - dizzy and sick.

i don't know what to do. i'm having stomach issues (no need to go into detail lol)... i wish i could just stay home from work for a week and deal with this but alas... my boss was kind enough to send me an email after i left today to inform me i've used up my sick days for 2007 (5 days, who the hell misses only 5 days per year... especially with kids?), so any further time missed will be unpaid or will have to be made up. which leaves me in a really tough position.

plus, a new emt class started today. this is typically my busiest week. as it is, i had to bow out of several important projects today.

and of course, this is making me freak out. which is not good!

add to that - i checked my voice mail around 5:30 today, and there was a message from the hospital, asking me to call. of course, i call back, and have to leave a message, which was not returned. you know the rules - typically, they only call if they have bad news. i'm hoping maybe they were just calling to schedule the second u/s. guess i'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

probably i will call my family doc tomorrow. i haven't even seen my ob/gyn yet, and am not scheduled to do so for another 3 weeks.

i'm sure i'm just fighting off an infection or something. hopefully something treatable, because i can't keep napping 4 hours every day and spending the rest of the day feeling like i am.

funny thing - at the ER, my doc was asking me about my s/s. as i'm trying to explain, i add "this feels completely different from my other two pregnancies, it just feels like something is wrong". he says to me "well, keep in mind, every pregnancy is different". now, i'm sorry, but this doc is probably 22 years old. i REALLY wanted to say "oh, is that what your textbook says?" so frustrating. clearly, i know that every pregnancy is different. you know how i know? done it twice. sigh. oh well. this is why i can't fathom having an ob/gyn that isn't a) a woman and b) a mom. i'm grateful that 4/5 of the women in my practice meet both guidelines.

i just can't imagine a male doc saying to me "now, you're going to feel some pressure". REALLY? you call that pressure? CLEARLY, you've never been in this position. hehehe. it would drive me crazy.

all right. i should sleep. gotta find a way to get through an 8 hour day at work tomorrow without curling up under my desk and sleeping.

2 comments:

Jillian Camwell October 4, 2007 at 7:55 AM  

what's s/s?

bluemoon October 5, 2007 at 5:14 AM  

oh LOL. signs and symptoms. sorry, was in work mode there haha.

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP