November 19, 2007

14 weeks

starting to recover! hurray! other than periodic urges to stop whatever i'm doing, lie down and sleep, i'm feeling quite a bit better. this week i am officially out of the first trimester, which is great news.

most of the time i don't feel pregnant at all. which is fine, because i know that in just a few months i will be unable to feel anything BUT pregnant, so i'm enjoying this time.

my friend jill is 4 days overdue currently. i remember how miserable i was when i was overdue with cohen. it's the most inexplicable torture. especially when you really want to avoid induction (you would have to knock me out in order to get me induced again. NEVER!). i feel somewhat grateful to be expecting my third child, as opposed to my first, because it is quite unlikely that i will go too much over my due date, or that my body will not know what is coming and what to do. i remember, with lili, weeks and weeks before my due date i could feel my body starting to prepare. i started having braxton hicks (never did with my first), some bleeding, cramping etc. for weeks! which was GREAT! at least i knew that labour was on the way. with cohen i felt nothing until i was induced.

anyways. i keep telling myself that in a blink, i'll be 40 weeks. i don't know though. yes, 3 months has passed sort of quickly. but i can't help feeling that this pregnancy is going to feel like forever. mostly because of work issues, and the fact that every day feels like an eternity currently.

we haven't dicussed names very seriously yet. i think we'll probably wait until after the ultrasound to have any serious talks about it. when we first got pregnant we talked about it now and then, and made some good headway. but nothing much since then.

i'm (so far) carrying really high with this pregnancy. however, i can't tell you if that is more like my first or my second pregnancy. i can't remember. so no clues there.

i've been going crazy for watermelon lately. i think this stems from the insane lack of moisture in the air currently. yum, watermelon. so watery! so melony! i do not, however, like oranges right now. and i crave salt, lots of salt. no sugar (other than the watermelon) cravings, but definitely wanting extra salt on everything.

there it is, that sudden fatigue. must rest forehead on desk and nap.

1 comments:

Jillian Camwell November 19, 2007 at 6:23 PM  

Congratulations! Wow! It IS passing quickly--3 months already?! Of course, quickly for you is AGONIZINGLY SLOW for me! ;)

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP