January 13, 2008

22 weeks

and feelin' fine! other than the cold I came down with Thursday evening. Yup. I KNEW it was going to happen. It's a doozy too, but I'm hanging in there. More annoying than anything else.

Did I get my stuff done? Nope. Did I sleep a lot? Yes. Which, I suppose, is just as much of a treat and probably more important.

Tomorrow I vow to get at least one thing crossed off of my list.


Today I went shopping with my step-mom. Or rather, she shopped! I restrained myself to one outfit, a pack of cloths, and a pack of soothers. She got a ton of sleepers - in addition to the bag of stuff she had already bought, including those oh-so-adorable infant socks and shoes. It was fun... I am slowly starting to get everything that I need. My friend Beth has invited me to come over and raid her garage of her old baby-items. I have a crib (2 actually), and now just need a changing table. I have to get two single beds and dressers for Cohen/Lili, since their double beds won't fit in one room. My cousin has a bassinet for me. I have a carseat still, and a playpen. I have an excersaucer.

You know what... I'm going to start a baby registry even though I'm not having a shower (most likely. I mean, anyone wants to throw me one, feel free! But realistically, people don't generally throw showers for third-timers). This way, at least I can keep track of what the heck I still need.

My Dr appointment is this Thursday. I was hoping Ian could come for some moral support - but I forgot that the kids have music class at that exact same time, so he has to take them. I'll just remember to write down all my questions, I guess.

Names! No luck. We've decided one one for sure without a doubt - after both of our grandmothers. Both of my grandmothers passed away this past year, so I'd like to honour them both, but I'd also like to pick a name or two of our own! SO I'm not sure. One of my grandmothers and Ians grandmother share the same name, so that one was easy. There are a few names that I really, really love, but each of them is the name I would like to actually call her... and that name has been decided already!

22 weeks, eh. More than halfway there. Hard to believe. I think that the next 6 weeks are going to be really tough, mostly because the closer I get to my mat leave, the more intense my job is going to become. I'm trying to stay positive (not my norm, LOL, I know) and remind myself that the harder I work, the faster the time seems to go.

I saw this "Baby Story" yesterday - this poor women, diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer while 3 months pregnant. Honestly, I turned it off after that part, I couldn't deal with it. She had a 4 year old as well. She said - "we came to conclusion that God wouldn't just give us this baby only to take me away from her". Such faith. I wish I could have that type of faith! Like I said, I didn't stick around to find out if her faith was rewarded. Can you imagine?

Alright. Me and my indigestion are going to do a load of laundry and get to bed early, lots to (try) and do tomorrow!

0 comments:

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP