January 16, 2008

False alarm?

No additional bleeding since, so I'm sure everything is fine. Nice little scare though!

Some of the 1st trimester fatigue is coming back to haunt me. Usually around 10:30 and 4:30, I am hit with the overwhelming need to curl into a ball and sleep for 20 minutes. I took full advantage of that while on vacation... now that I'm back to work, it's really becoming more and more difficult to stay productive around those times. I'm considering bringing a pillow and blanket to keep in my office. I don't take breaks during the day, so I'm sure no-one would care if I snoozed for 15 minutes 2x per day. God knows, when I smoked, I probably took about 45 minutes worth of breaks each day! So yeah. The carpet is looking mighty attractive right about now.

Freaking out a little over clothes. I have 2 pairs of mat pants, and one of them are jeans, so I can't wear them to work. My other pair is only going to fit for another few weeks. I desperately need to get some more maternity pants/shirts. However - the ONLY store in Calgary that sold anything above a size 16-18 just closed. Which means, now I have to order any clothing from HERE.

Which is fine - except I have no $ for that right now. Or anytime soon. So I'm starting to panic a little - I really have nothing to wear to work. It stresses me out every morning. I'm hoping Ian takes an OT shift soon, then I can put in a $150 order, and be set for the rest of this pregnancy.

As for the little sweet princesss - slowly but surely I'm getting what she'll need. I can't tell you how many times I've hit myself on the forehead for getting rid of everything we had. Thank goodness for the generosity of friends/family! We now have 2 high chairs (which is actually a good thing, because Brae is still in a high chair too), 2 cribs (same deal), an exersaucer, an umbrella stroller (hey - anyone have a spare Graco stroller? We kept the carseat but not the stroller)...

I still need... hmm lets see.... a bath, washclothes, receiving blankets, bassinet/cradle, TinyLove Mobile (really, I won't use anything else... this damn thing was MAGIC with both of my kids, put them to sleep when nothing else would work, plus it has a REMOTE, how cool is that... yes, we gave ours away), stroller, co-sleeper, crib bedding (yay EBAY), change table/dresser (did you hear that forehead slap?), diapers (gotta start now), toys (ahhh infant toys - right now my house is filled with a billion little tiny preschool toys that are just begging to be choked on by some poor, innocent infant), nursing supplies (bras, nursing pads, lanolin, nursing pillow), bouncy chair... I know, it seems excessive. But you know, I know from experience that although some of this stuff won't get used for the first 3 months, I know that I will be too busy and overwhelmed - and broke - to be going out shopping in the first 6 months. So I'm desperately trying to get everything now.

Plus, lets face it - I'm type-A - I wan't that room (nay, the entire house!) ready for this baby. And I'm fully counting on 3rd trimester nesting to help me make this happen. Which is why, I think, I may work only until mid-April, rather than May 1. Give myself a few weeks to prepare. I have a feeling that this little girl is coming a week early. (Could be wishful thinking, I know). Actually, if I could have my way, she'd come about 2.5 weeks early, as my cousin and his wife are coming to visit from Australia around that time!

11:00am... I supose I blogged my way through the 10:30 lull. It's almost time for lunch... even though I'm supposed to avoid deli-meat, I'm having a Subway sub for lunch. I just can't stand the thought of any of the other places that are downstairs. Don't worry, I'll heat the sub up, no listeria here.

0 comments:

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP