January 16, 2008

sad coincidence

So, yesterday, as I picked Cohen up from Daycare at the school, one of the providers started to chat with me a bit. She asked me when I was due, and when I told her, she said "I would have been due around that time too. May 6th."

I didn't know what to say. "I'm sorry".

She said that apparently God had other plans for her little one. "But," she added, "imagine my surprise when I call the paramedics, and Cohen's dad shows up!".

I was speechless. A few months ago I'd blogged about that call - the 14 week old fetus, how emotional Ian got because I was 13 weeks along, how he said that the couple reminded him so much of us when we were younger... he didn't sleep after that call for weeks!

And all along, it was Cohen's daycare provider.

"He probably gets calls like that all the time, so I'm sure he doesn't remember it."

I didn't tell her how shaken up Ian was as a result of that call. I just mumbled niceties and got out of there. Not great etiquette, I know... but I was in shock!

So today, I will be sure to start a conversation with her. What, I dunno.

So sad :( I feel so bad, she has to see my big belly every day and be reminded.

1 comments:

Anonymous January 16, 2008 at 12:54 PM  

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP