February 2, 2008

25 weeks

Really starting to feel progressively uncomfortable these days. Sleep is somewhat elusive - I'll fall asleep all right, but usually wake up sometime around 5am.

Had my second glucose test yesterday, so we'll see how that goes.

Finally decided on the crib bedding - as I did with Lili, I got it through EBay. Smokin' deal. Most decent crib-sets here (aka those not found at WalMart) cost between $300-$500, so I'm always thrilled at the EBay option.

Here's what I chose...



I know - it's not really what I would have predicted! However- all of Lili's stuff is soft pink and very delicate... so I thought, for her sister, I'd go with something brighter, more cheerful. I'm just trying to decide what colour to paint the walls...

I've been lucky - I got a changetable for free (thank you Freecycle), the crib from my sister-in-law, and a basinette from my cousin... so far so good! I also found this GREAT set of furniture for Lili -

Well, here's that situation - currently, Cohen and Lili each have a double bed. The problem is, since they will be sharing a room, there is NO room for 2 double beds in the one room. Aha, but I had forsight! These double beds are BUNK BEDS! Except... it turns out that neither of them will sleep on the top bunk. So much for that. SO:

I'm trying to buy them each a single bed set - (w/dresser and bedside table). The room is fairly large - should be able to accomodate a bed, dresser and table for both of them. Problem is - furniture is WICKED expensive! So, I've been doing daily searches on craigslist, kijiji, and usedcalgary.com. I finally found something - a dresser, mirror, desk and bedside table for Lili, white, beautiful. $100. Now I just need to find her a bed. Still on the hunt for Cohen.

As for the bunk beds - we're going to put them in the downstairs bedroom for J & B. No waste! And that way, when Cohen/Lili have sleepovers, they can have the downstairs bedroom with the bunkbeds.

Hurray! I think we've got it all figured out. Now I just have to get painting, buying furniture, and organizing!

In other shopping news... Ian and I have hired a financial advisor to help us with our investments, retirement, RESPS and budgeting. Great move, we're excited so far. Only problem, she's going to curb our spending I'm sure - just when I need to be going shopping for baby! LOL! I will have to put aside a set amount for it. Good think I'm pretty thrifty... especially since I know how quickly babies grow, and how many needless gadgets there are out there!


Back to work!

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP