March 13, 2008

30 weeks, 5 days

I haven't been feeling well lately. Lots of dizzy spells - usually preceded by a racing pulse and nausea... and then I get extremely tired. I've been chalking it up to pure exhaustion - the pressure at work currently is huge, and when added to the demands at home, I'm just plain old tired.

Now some new fun-pregnancy symptoms: lots of pressure "down there", which makes it hard to walk or stand comfortably.... and yesterday, some pink mucous. These are all pretty normal... but I didn't experience them previously until I was closer to 38 weeks.

Today I had my monthly (and now bi-weekly) Dr appointment. She's somewhat puzzled by the dizzy spells - it's probably nothing, but we're taking advantage of my working situation to do some further investigation - next time it happens at work, I'm to ask one of the paramedic instructors to do a 12-lead ECG on me, and fax the strip to her at work. Nothing like saving the health care system some money, haha.

Everything has been normal to this point - normal blood tests, normal weight gain, normal blood pressure. Everything was fine, until...

She pulled my shirt up. "WOW", she says. "Wow????" I ask. "Let's measure you right now", she replied.

Sure enough, I'm measuring at 35-36 weeks, not 30. It's "probably nothing"... but I have to go have an ultrasound to be sure. And of course, despite the ultrasound clinic being literally under my feet (they're right downstairs from my office), they can't get me in until Monday.

I'm not super-concerned - there are lots of "normal" reasons for measuring large, including the baby being breech - and in fact, if it weren't for the other issues, I probably wouldn't give it any thought. But... the fact is, I'm a pregnant woman, and pregnant women worry. Period!

Still not much progress on the name, by the way. I'm almost thinking we should just go back to our first choice. I do not want to be shouting out names in the car while I'm in labour, the way we did with Lili. "But that was fun," says Ian.

Ha. Fun. (What was fun was seeing him run into the Tim Hortons, push through the dozens of people in line, and yell "my wife is in labour and she wants a muffin, NOW!")

Anyways. Worries aside - we're no closer to being ready. The house is a mess, we haven't figured out the rooms, I haven't chosen paint, (or bought paint, or painted), I set up the cradle or the crib, I haven't done ANY shopping beyond one short trip months ago, I have no idea where our infant carseat is, I haven't packed a hospital bag... I haven't even started making arrangements for the kids when I do go into labour. Sheesh. You may be thinking, well, you still have 9 weeks! Really? Well, last I checked I had 20 weeks to go, so that should tell you how fast these weeks are going! And if it turns out that baby really is measuring at 35 weeks... well, you do the math!

Anyone wanna come over this weekend and help me paint?

0 comments:

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP