March 18, 2008

U/S #3

Well, I just finished my third ultrasound. I was scheduled to have a biophysical profile done, because I was measuring large.

It was a lot more uncomfortable this time around - lying on my back for any length of time is not fun. I also went to a different clinic than usual, and this one was far less patient-friendly. I won't get into it, but let's just say I should have forgone convenience and stuck with my usual clinic.

The tech was rather concerned at first because baby wasn't moving much at all. I had eaten on schedule, so she should have been doing more. Towards the last 10 minutes, she finally "woke up" and started moving around some, which was a big relief for me. She is in full breech, which also made things more difficult for the tech.

As expected, the tech could not tell me much. She said she scored 8/8, which is great news - she's practicing her breathing, her h/r is perfect, she showed good movements etc. But as for the size, the tech wouldn't discuss it. I'm hoping that the reason I'm measuring large is because she's breech. I guess I'll have to wait and see. My next appointment is in 1.5 weeks, so I'm going to try and keep my mind off of it.

The most distressing part of the whole ultrasound was when she decided (for whatever reason, not sure if my Doc ordered it or what) to take a peek at the tumour on my spleen. I'm sure she thought I wouldn't know what she was doing, but unfortunately for her, my knowledge of anatomy and physiology is pretty much at the level of an EMT after 2 years at my job. I knew exactly what she was looking at.

It was very disturbing to see - this ominous black spot on the screen. She spent a long time looking at it - almost more time than she spent on baby.

I've tried really hard to keep this out of my mind during the pregnancy. There's nothing I can do, really, so why worry? So, silly or not, I'm pissed off that she put it back in my head again. I am going to ask my doctor if she had requested that or not. If she had, I want to make it clear that I want to be better prepared for things like that.

Anyways, baby seems to be doing ok, not that they would tell me otherwise. Hopefully I'll have some specifics in the next few weeks.

M.

0 comments:

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP