May 1, 2008

last day of work

last day at work. the day is going surprisingly fast. this morning i was greeted with more car problems - the speedometer isn't working on the van... but that's ok. i've driven here pretty much every weekday for the last 2+ years - i could probably do it in my sleep and not break the speed limit. my co-workers presented me with a lovely bouquet of roses today - and a pizza lunch! so it's been a nice, relaxing day.

it's hard to fathom, not having to get up and go to work tomorrow. this day has seemed like some sort of weird fantasy for so long. how i envied those moms who actually had maternity leave when i had cohen and lili! and now i'll have my chance. my brain is already trying to fill up every minute of every day with lists of things to do... but i keep telling my brain to f-off for now! it's spring, and beyond some basic housekeeping, i plan to spend the next week or so sitting out on my deck, reading and eating lots of fruit salad.

tomorrow i have my 38 week appointment with my doc.

tomorrow i also get to go to kodaly with my kids - something i've desperately missed this year, and am looking forward to next year. i can actually make it to cohen's field trips for the rest of the year, and next. i can volunteer at his school - something i've been wanting to do. i can go shopping in the middle of the day in the middle of the week, thereby avoiding the crowds. i can go for a walk whenever i want (baby permitting LOL). i don't have to wait until saturday to clean the floors. i can do laundry any time of day.

i can watch - and make fun of - dr phil every day, if i want to.

i can *gasp* even practice music.

so, happy last day of work to me! no more fighting traffic (well, at least not at rush hour every single day!)

m.

0 comments:

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP