April 8, 2008

Pregnancy hormones and sour grapes

On Sunday, Ian, the kids and I braved the crowds to do our grocery shopping at Superstore. It was packed (Sunday afternoon, go figure)! After driving around the lot for a few minutes, I finally caught site of a women getting ready to pull out of her primo parking spot. I pulled behind her, put my signal on, and waited. Just when she pulled out, another car came flying in the other way and took the spot. I cursed the woman who did it, even though I managed to find another spot just a few metres further away.

Fast-forward to the produce isle. As I'm frantically trying to figure out which fruit I'm craving the most this week, I catch sight of the above-mentioned parking spot thief. Actually, I am standing right next to her, as I decide that the grapes look particularily craving-worthy today. As I glance over at her, I can't help but notice what she's doing.

The woman is opening EVERY grape bag she sees, and grabbing the best grapes out of each bag and putting them into hers.

I was absolutely flabbergasted! The nerve! That is a breach of grape protocol! You don't OPEN the bags of grapes, for crying out loud! You look through the bags (they are see-through for this reason) and choose which bag you feel has the best proportion of decent grapes! You take your chances, woman! You don't screw up everyone elses chance at a decent bag!

Hormones were surging. As my pulse started to race, I couldn't help it: everyone around her was staring at her, but no-one was saying anything. Until...

"Excuse me, do you have ANY idea how RUDE what you're doing is for the rest of us?"
Yup. That was me speaking. No response from her, just the sound of another grape bag being torn open.
"EXCUSE ME!"
No response. She glances at me and rolls her eyes though. And that's when I lost it.
"Selfish BITCH" I said, and stormed away, grapeless.

Good ole pregnancy hormones. Ian found me nearly in tears sorting through Kiwi's, a few minutes later. "Why don't we ask to speak to the produce manager," he soothed. Ah, but I would not be soothed! First my parking spot, then my grapes! The nerve!

Oh well. The good news is, my Kiwi this morning was fantastic - better than a bowlful of man-handled, half-decent grapes anyways.

0 comments:

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP