May 4, 2008

ay, there's the rub

whew, 9:47pm, the day is over! time for some fruit and my book. but first, a short and funny story:

today at my pedicure, i had the nicest lady from ireland. she was VERY excited that i was pregnant, and definitely wanted to chat all about it (frankly i was hoping for silence so i could just relax, but ok, i can talk baby-talk for awhile). her youngest child, it turns out, was 30... my age. it's amazing, women can remember every detail about giving birth, 30 years later!

anyways, my feet were in rough shape (no pun intended), because of course, i haven't been able to see my feet in 2 months nor reach them for at least 1 month. she promised to "pretty them right up" but then apologized that i wouldn't be able to have the foot massage.

"WHAT?" i asked, horrified. the foot massage is my favourite part of a pedicure. since i have arthritis in my feet, any foot massage feels like instant heaven to me, and my orthopedic surgeon actually told ian that he MUST give me at least one foot massage each week to keep the nerves from bundling. ok, way too much info, sorry. anyways...

it turns out that they have a "no massage" policy for pregnant women, as foot rubs have been known to start labour.

"well for gods sake," i replied, somewhat loudly, "MASSAGE AWAY!"

alas, no amount of begging or pleading would work. hey, i can understand if i still had a month to go or something... but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HELP A 38 WEEKER OUT!

so, as much as i enjoyed my pedi today, and as beautiful as my (swollen) feet look, i had to live without the massage.

and woe is me, ian is working nights, so i can't even get a rain cheque from him.

2 comments:

Jillian Camwell May 5, 2008 at 2:26 AM  

I hope she charged you less!

bluemoon May 5, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

no she charged full price :(

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP