May 13, 2008

Update #2

Well, it's 1:47am, and I've been labouring (alone, since Ian is getting his beauty rest LOL) for quite awhile now. Contractions are getting MUCH stronger and are now 2 minutes apart. I'm giving Ian 10 more minutes and then I think we'll head back to the hospital, even though I suspect that I'm only 4-5cm. Because I'm Group B Strep +, I want to ensure I have enough time to get a round or two of antibiotics in me before delivery... and with both Cohen and Lili, I progressed fairly quickly from 5-10.

I've mostly been labouring on the ball here... and I've loved it! With Cohen I laboured almost entirely on my back, with Lili was slightly more educated and laboured mostly on my feet, bent over and swaying back and forth. I think I'll probably alternate between that and the ball for the next while.

Anyways, I'm surprisingly happy and excited - the pain is bad but I'm managing it SO much better than I did with Lili... so far! My big concern at this point is that I'm going to be pretty damn tired...I'm used to being asleep by 11pm! I did crawl into bed and try to sleep after we got home, but it was impossible. So hopefully my protein bars will get me through the night tonight.

I'm so excited to meet this little one, and I'll admit, slightly sad that this will be my last time going through this amazing experience. It's the end to such a beautiful chapter in my life! I'm SO grateful that we have been able to get pregnant so easily, and (so far) give birth to such healthy, happy kids.

OK, time to go! Next update will probably be from Ian...

M.

1 comments:

Thumbing Luxury May 14, 2008 at 2:57 AM  

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! EXCITING!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! Can't wait to hear an update!!!!
Lot's of love,
S.

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP