May 13, 2008

Update

well, after 2.5 fun-filled hours at L&D, we're back home again... for now. even though my contractions were coming really regular (4 min), they weren't very strong... so when i was assessed, i was only a 3... which is TERRIBLE! lol! i was a 5 when i arrived with lili...

anyways, she sent us walking for an hour, and when we returned, i hadn't made much progress although my contractions had really picked up in strength and were coming 2 minutes apart. the admitting nurse really wanted to convince my doc to rupture my membranes but doc wouldn't bite. we had the choice of walking for another 2 hours, or coming home for a few hours.

so we chose to come home so ian could get some sleep.

it's pretty frustrating... the nurse told me that the thing about baby #3 is that they are usually, in her experience, VERY unpredictable labours - more like 1st labours than 2nd, that way.

so, i'm going to take a bath and read for awhile... and we'll be heading back in 2 hours if not sooner, if things pick up.

i feel sort of silly that we went in so early... but my doc told me, when it's not your first baby, come in when contractions are 5-7 minutes apart at the latest... so i did!

ouch. bath here i come.

m.

0 comments:

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP