June 21, 2008

Fun in the sun

I love living where we live. Today, I sent the kids outside to play at 9am. My next door neighbor fed them lunch at noon...they briefly came inside for a snack at 3 or so... and then they ate dinner inside (took them about 4 minutes), but dessert outside. I finally dragged them indoors at bedtime, 8pm. LOVE it. That is so how I spent my childhood, and it thrills me to no end that they are outdoors, playing make-believe games and chasing eachother around the swingset. They are already super-tanned (hey, I do the sun-screen thing diligently) and look healthy as can be. Lots of mosquito bites already (damn things), and a glorious amount of scrapes and bruises.

Healthy, happy kids. I love it. I spent several hours today and yesterday outside myself, sitting on a lawnchair on my front lawn, baby in arms, enjoying a beer and some girl talk with my neighbor. Every once in a while one of us would have to get up and sprint after one of our children, but ultimately, it was pretty relaxing.

I love summer.

Here are a few pictures... I think, ultimately, that I'm going to use this blog as "the" blog for all three kids, not just Luci anymore. I rarely get the time to blog anymore (Luci fell asleep 45 minutes earlier than usual tonight, hence this post. Hmm, I should be folding laundry!), so merging them into one blog makes more sense!

Big blue eyes:
















Meeting my cousin Nancy for the first time:














Pretty in pink:














Meeting Ian's EMT Instructor (and my dear, dear friend) Gray:

1 comments:

Jillian Camwell June 22, 2008 at 3:10 AM  

I think she's such a mix of both Lily and Cohen! Just beautiful.

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP