July 11, 2008

7 hours

that's how long i had to myself yesterday. ian kicked me out of the house at 11am, told me not to come back before 6.

i had no plans. i couldn't get in touch with anyone, so i was totally on my own.

first stop: gas station. the radio is playing "killer queen" and i'm rocking out. i'm also talking to myself, because i cannot stand the quiet in the van.

second stop: once upon a child. yes, i went shopping for the kids. i got some super-adorable stuff too - several jumpers for luci, plus a sweater for the fall. i also got myself a pair of crocs on sale (i know everyone hates these shoes, but they are so great for housework). and, a nursing pillow (finally). i spent an hour there, which was great.

then it was lunch time. since my trainer indicated that i needed to be eating approximately 400-800 more calories in each day, i decided to actually order something i like. i decided to go to Ricky's, since they have cozy booths and i could sit there for as long as i wanted without them caring. i ordered a turkey club wrap with fries. so good. i sat there and read my book and enjoyed my food. and my thoughts! it was very, very strange to be alone with them.

then my mom called... and she was in the area, so i invited her over to the restaurant for lunch. we chatted, and then she asked if we could go shopping to costco (i have a card, she does not). not exactly what i had planned for the day, but shopping is shopping!

i got some great stuff there. a new cozy blanket for the living room, and a huge picture frame (should i ever get around to getting some pics developed). lots of vegetables (exciting to me).

unfortunately, this took up the rest of my time. by the time we were done, it was 5pm, and i knew that with traffic, i'd better be getting home. i enjoyed the drive in rushour (again, just my and my thoughts, no answering a million questions from the backseat). when i got home, ian had ordered pizza (thincrust for me). the house was not clean as promised (however, i hadn't been expecting it - unlike him, i know how it is with 6 kids under 6 to care for), but the kids were hysterical to see me.

it was a nice day. i'm hoping i get another day like this in a month or so, and this time i'll have more notice and be able to plan it better. say, a manicure or something!

oh, and i got to go out after dinner too - it was my swimming night. overall, a great day... today i'm back to the grind, (only 4 kids though), trying to clean the house and feed everyone etc etc.

0 comments:

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP