November 18, 2008

6 Months



I'm a little late on this, but a week ago, Luci was 6 months old! I'm in utter and complete shock about it. I knew it would go fast, but this is absolute craziness. She's so big! So sweet! So many changes already. Here are some of the things I miss already:

Having her curl up on her tummy and fall asleep on my chest.
Snuggling just because.
Hearing her chuff and coo (nowadays she mostly squawks and screeches).
Her wrinkly feet.
That smell. You know, THE smell. Newborn smell.


Here are some of the things I love about this age:

Giggling.
Eating (and I use that term loosely) rice cereal.
Baths - I end up just as wet as she does!
Sitting up.
The way she stares into my eyes and touches my face.
Her ability to bounce herself in the bouncy chair (third-child syndrome - self-sufficiency)
The fact that she can't crawl or speak yet.

I love Luci. I love her so much that there have been a few weak moments where both Ian and I wondered if maybe another child wouldn't be so bad. I know! Craziness. But, we've both agreed that short of winning the lottery, we just can't do it.

I love being a mom - and I love being home with her. I am SO much more relaxed the third time around. I can't believe how easily she fit into our lives. For anyone out there considering a third child, my advice is, go for it! I will admit that I am glad we waited as long as we did.

Little Luci. 6 months! Darling girl. I can't wait to see who you are at 1 year, and every year afterwards. Your sister and brother still surprise me every day, so I can only imagine how interesting life is going to be as you all grow.

1 comments:

Anonymous November 21, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

Mary,

Love the picture of Luci in her car seat. It is now wallpaper on my computer at work.

We're looking forward to having Cohen and Lili for a sleep over and spending quality time with all three kids tomorrow night.

Joyce

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP