November 17, 2008

Why I Can't Live Without Girls Night

Every second Sunday at 6:30 (or occasionally, like tonight, 5:00), you will find me at the neighborhood pub. I'm typically there for 3 or 4 hours, and it is the most important 3 or 4 hours of my week.

Sometimes I'm there with 5 or 6 or even 7 people, and sometimes just with 1. Doesn't matter - it is equally enjoyable either way.

Sometimes I'm with my closest friends, and sometimes I'm with someone I've just met, or a friend of a friend, or a neighbor.

Sometimes we talk about our kids (although not all of us have them), our relationships, our anxieties, our fears. We catch each other up on what was missed if someone was absent at the last gathering. We bring news from those who cannot make it for a night.

We laugh, giggle, chuckle. We offer advice, support, humour, kindness and inspiration.

We drink, enjoy great food, and more often than not, share delicious apple pie at the end of the evening.

I can't tell you how much I look forward to every second Sunday. It's a chance to be more than a mom, more than wife, more than a cook, more than a housekeeper. It's a chance to be a friend, to the most amazing women.

So ladies, if you ever need a chance to be a friend, give me a call, and clear your schedule on every second Sunday evening!

1 comments:

Karmen November 17, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

Totally missed seeing you girls tonight . . . but two weeks from tonight, I'll definitely be there. I really value this time we share as well, and my weekend doesn't feel quite the same without it.

I WILL pick up that darned Pampered Chef stuff soon. I'll call you!

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP