December 18, 2008

Party Prep

This Saturday we're hosting our Christmas party. We've been hosting a Christmas party since we first lived together (11 years ago, my god), with the exception of the 1 Christmas when we lived in Cedarbrae and 1 year that we were in BC.

The thing about Christmas parties is that they sound like such a great idea in October. You don't think about all of the other events and commitments that you'll have to stress over during Christmas. Playschool parties, gift wrapping, baking, recitals, concerts, playdates, parties... yikes.

I have 3 days still. I think I'm doing ok. The Christmas decorations are up. Cohen and Lili will be having a sleepover at a friends house. I have planned the menu (OOOOOH so much fun!). I have help coming the day of the party (THANKS LEE!). I've already made some of the desserts. The shopping is done.

Still - it's stressful. Some of the baking can only be done the day of, obviously. I want to make sure I get it all done - and would you believe that with the exception of one dessert, every single thing I'm making is new to me? What can I say - I like adventure.

I probably shouldn't stress - because of the time of year, I don't think we'll have a full house. I know we won't have a full house, in fact. It's the last Saturday before Christmas... prime Christmas Party timing. We've been bumped for higher priority parties - staff parties, spouse staff parties, family dinners. We understand...but I sure wish I knew what I could do to avoid this. Other than having it in November or January.

Oh well. Large or small, we'll have a good time. I'm still making tons of food!

In the meantime, I can't forget that I still have a few gifts to shop for, Christmas ornaments to paint for the tree, ornaments to MAKE for the tree, non-party cookies to bake with the kids, at least one snowman to make, and LOTS of wine to drink!

Happy Holidays.

3 comments:

Karmen December 19, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

I'll definitely be there, even though I also have to be at my nephew's 2nd birthday party (he's a Christmas Eve baby, poor little guy!). I just have to decide which one I'm going to first. I'll likely make an appearance at my sister's place first, and then come to your place later. Fair?

Hopefully, I won't need a push this time when I leave!

Anonymous December 19, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

Nice post..! I am always excited to attend such a great Christmas party.

Country Mouse, City Mouse December 22, 2008 at 5:07 PM  

Hope your party went smoothly, enjoy the Christmas season.

Pam

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP