February 26, 2009

Say it ain't so

yesterday, when i picked cohen up from school, as we were crossing the street i reached for his hand.

he yanked it away.

"i'm not a little kid, mom" he said scornfully.

i hate to admit this, but i actually stopped in the middle of the street and started sputtering at him:

"yes, yes you are still little! what do you mean, 'i'm not a little kid'! you're a little kid until i'm ready for you to be a big kid!"

he walked back to where i was standing, grabbed my hand, and said, "ok mom. maybe i need to hold YOUR hand once in a while, at least until i know you're safely across the street".

smart-ass.

i knew the day was coming, but i admit i'm pretty heartbroken by it. luckily, he'll still cuddle with me on the couch... for 10 seconds at a time.

sigh. they grow so fast. at least my two girls are still willing to cuddle me.

speaking of those girls - miss Luci FINALLY crawled! hurray! i mean, holy crap! time to baby-proof again.

1 comments:

Karmen March 4, 2009 at 5:30 AM  

I meant to comment on this when I read it the other day . . .

**hug**

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP