March 25, 2009

Who knew?

I just realized that Lili is going to be 5 in a few short weeks. How can that be? I suppose I should be planning a party! We've decided to hold her birthday party in May, since there are just too many birthdays in April. So, we're going to do a joint party for Lili and Luci. I did ask Lili first - and she seems VERY excited about sharing her party. That probably won't be the case next year, so I'm going to make the most of it now!

In other news... Luci is crawling, albeit only when she's visiting someone with carpet. VERY rarely she'll crawl across the hardwood here... but mostly she scoots around on her bum. And - she STILL has no teeth. Almost 11 months old! Craziness! I LOVE her toothless grin, so I'm not complaining... but it sure does limit the food choices.

Cohen is doing well in school, busy with homework and playdates. Hockey is over for the season, and I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand - it's nice not to have to worry about 2 ice times each weekend... on the other hand, I've never seen him happier than when he's on the ice! I considered spring hockey, but considering everything else that is going on, I'm relieved I decided against it.

Lili is also doing well. Skating is done for fall/winter, but she starts spring skating in a few weeks. She participated in her second competition this year, and won a silver medal! Amazing girl. She is a constant source of amazement for me - I am so very, very lucky to have these 3 amazing children. Not to mention one amazing husband! No matter what else happens in our lives, we are together, and happy.

Ian is enjoying his parental leave so far. He's re-arranged the bathroom cabinets, and so far I've enjoyed coming home to a hot meal. There have been some learning experiences for him in terms of being prepared for things (aka forgetting hockey gear twice in one weekend, and sending the kids to a sleepover without a change of clothing!), but he's learning.

And me? Well, despite the stress of my current situation, I am finding out how incredibly blessed I am. SO many people have come forward to support me. Even some people I would never have imagined doing so for me, and people who are putting their own positions at risk by doing so. I'm so grateful to you all. I did receive notice that things have progressed past the first screening stage, so that's good news for me. At the end of the day, I'm more sad than anything though. It's just so completely unnecessary. But that's not my burden to carry, I suppose.

1 comments:

pantherliwong March 30, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

can't wait to see luci crawl!

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP