May 31, 2009

Some Lavish news

Hello hello!

OK - first of all, DO come check out our lovely website - Lavish is up and running!

And of course, Lavish has a BLOG


We (and by we, I mean my BFF Lee, who has been my best friend for an incredible 23 years now... give or take a few year-long arguments) are SO excited that Lavish is off the ground now... only 5 months ago, the idea for Lavish was born during our bi-weekly girls night out, and since that night, we have been dreaming and planning and spending WAY too much money... and having the time of our lives.

This feels... right. I just have a feeling that this is a good thing. It's perhaps less academic then I would have expected... but hey - I can honestly say that my Event Management courses at Mount Royal have been just as hard - if not harder - than many of my University courses! Probably in part because the expectations that I have placed upon myself are so much higher. I've met some AMAZING people in the program (3 of which will be working as assistants on our events), and discovered a world that amazingly combines my love of all things organizational, stressful, and detail-oriented with my passion for the esthetically pleasing - design and decor.

Plus - I am so amazingly lucky to be involved in the most important day in the lives of many people. Seriously - for someone who is still a romantic at heart - cynicism aside, I still believe - this is a dream job. I get to meet so many awesome couples, and their families. So far, this has been such an eye opener, I'm honoured to be a part of their lives, even for just a year or so.

So far, having my own business has been pretty stressful, but rewarding every day. If it weren't for the kids and Ian, I would definitely be putting in 16 hour work days, no doubt about it. As it is, I struggle to find that elusive work-life balance. My kids have to come first, but I also realize that the harder I work, the more time I will have for them in the long run. Hopefully, I'll be able to work from home exclusively, and thus be available to drive them to school and to their activities whenever possible.

So - a dream comes true, and I am absolutely excited and terrified. (When's the best time to start a new business? Why, during a recession, of course!) I know that there are some sacrifices to come (that's a whole separate post into itself), but I am so grateful for all the opportunities that I have been given so far.

Ooooh - if you haven't seen - here is our logo:



And - here is our promo shot from our recent photoshoot:



If you know anyone who is getting married - destination weddings included - please send them our way!

0 comments:

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP