May 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Luci!

Yesterday was Luci's first birthday. I am absolutely in shock at how quickly the time has passed. Little darling girl! She brings so much joy to us, every single day. I love watching her - and I love watching Cohen and Lili with her. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect family! Have I mentioned how lucky I am? Seriously? Every day I wake up and think of my little family and smile.

1 year old. She FINALLY got her first tooth - on her birthday it finally broke through her gums. I can't imagine how much her smile will be changing over the next few months. She is still no big fan of crawling, but does scoot around on her bum a lot. She loves to stand up with help, and has started expanding her vocabulary beyond "Dadda" and "Kitty" and "oh oh!".

We are so enamored with her, we almost - ALMOST - decided to have one more child. Alas, we've decided (again) that we're stretched as far as we can be stretched (including, yes, my poor body), and we will have to forgo bringing another baby into the family. I know - you all think I'm crazy for even considering it... but we just love being parents, we love babies, we love kids, and we love our crazy life.

Little Luci. I can't believe that she'll be walking soon, and before I know it, we'll have ourselves a little toddler. Amazing.

I will post pictures this weekend - I know, I've said it before... but life is crazy! What can I say!

Cohen is doing really well these days - he reads AMAZINGLY well! He is busy with school projects and soccer these days. I can't believe how tall he is (ok, maybe I can), and all of sudden, tons of freckles! This plus his long eyelashes have made him something of a charmer with the ladies. Ahem, girls. Oh boy.

Lili is... well, Lili. A tornado of emotions, from sunshine to thunderstorm in seconds flat. Always back to sunshine though. She is busy busy with swimming (finally passed level 3 on the 4th try!), drama class (what was I thinking), violin and Kodaly. Spring skating starts next week... just as pretty much everything else finishes. Oh, and soccer... which I can definitely say is not her strong point, but she has fun trying to do cartwheels on the field. She is 5 now - so big! She's tall as well... maybe Luci will be a short Swaffield. Maybe not!

Ian is back to work as of this week, which is one more adjustment in a year that has been chalk full of them. He has a new partner at a different hall... and indeed, a new employer, as Alberta Health Services has taken over for Calgary EMS. Hopefully, it will be a smooth transition for everyone.

As for me? I'm still in limbo. Always! Things are progressing, and I've finally - just yesterday - sent off the last phase of this process, via the Human Rights Commission. I feel very blessed to have so many great advocates on my side through this process, especially through Employment Standards. I feel like everyone is rooting for me, and that gives me the strength to stand my ground. It sure helps that there are so many moms who have been through it. I'm SOOO grateful for the advice of several people who encouraged me to save and print all emails over the years - thanks AGAIN, you know who you are lol! - and I can at least tell Ian that my obsessive "save and print and file" process for emails has paid off! Haha! I am also grateful for those who warned me about trusting too much, way back at the beginning. I almost feel like there were guardian angels looking over me, knowing that something like this would happen. Despite me being completely, utterly in the dark. Sheesh. Well, thanks again, you two. I owe you dinner and drinks! In other news - check back at FatMommy/FitMommy for some upcoming updates, hopefully! Now that it's been a year, it's time to get down to business and get healthy and fit again. Stay tuned!

Hmmm what else. We're excited about the upcoming visit from Ian's mom and step-dad - I can't believe it's already been nearly a year!

I think that's about it for the Swaffield house. Of course we're anxiously awaiting sunny weather so that we can all get outdoors, but hey - it's Calgary, I never anticipate warm weather until June!

Happy Birthday Luci, Happy Spring everyone!

0 comments:

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP