June 28, 2008

F-WORD

Why, why oh why does this happen?

My DREAM job (ok, one of a few)just opened up. WHY now???? WHY WHY WHY????

What should I do?

F-WORD!

1) am I ready to give up my current job?
2) am I ready to give up a year off with my kids - seriously, I'm only 8 weeks into my leave dammit.
3) am I ready to take on such a HUGE challenge?
4) are you kidding me? WHY NOW!!!!!!!!
5) seriously, this is the third time this has happened in the last 6 months... C'MON!

F-WORD!

Advise? Anyone wanna go for drinks and offer some wisdom this weekend?

5 comments:

Jillian Camwell June 29, 2008 at 12:54 AM  

What is the job?

bluemoon June 29, 2008 at 8:21 AM  

Program Coordinator at an arts school.

Anonymous June 29, 2008 at 12:34 PM  

My advice is.... if it has come up three times in the past 6 months... it will come up again. And being at home with your last little precious one won't happen again. Ever. Enjoy this paid time off, as little as it is, sit back and watch the smiles and the changes, one last time.
C.

Anonymous June 29, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

I agree. You will NEVER again have the opportunity to watch your baby grow up, you will likely get the opportunity to find another job that you love. I say take the time off (although I don't know how it is time off when you are looking after 6 children) and savour every second. Kylie

bluemoon June 30, 2008 at 5:55 AM  

I think you're probably right.. however, it has been 3 DIFFERENT jobs. The first with Alberta Ballet (albeit for a paltry salary), then another with the University of Calgary (Coordinating the celebrity series... and that one was offered to me, I didn't even have to apply), and now this one.

Anyways - I applied for this one, and I'll probably do the interview, just to see and get my name out there, in case it comes up again in a year...

And baby makes 5 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP